location and repair of
The damage that water can cause is considerable. A plumbing leak may cause hundreds of dollars in damages to your house, and your neighbors.
A water leak can be defined as the leakage of water through an accidentally produced hole, opening, joints or cracks.
The origin of the leak may variate from an inadequate installation, to a deterioration of the gums in the keys and connections, to other types of problems with related to plumbing. Some leaks may be visible to the eye, but a large percentage of the leaks that occur are hidden under the floor or walls.
Whatever the cause is, these problems may occur in all types of structures and at any time and is not always easy to detect them in time. That is the reason why it is important to pay special attention to the possible signals, so that we can correct it as soon as possible.
If a leak goes unnoticed long enough; the damage is usually greater. It also increases the economic cost that the repair of the leak can suppose.
Maintenance is the key to avoid any breakdown, MolinaRangel recommends:
- Use filters in the pipes to keep hair, soap scum, and other solids from making their way into the drain.
- Avoid pouring grease down the drain.
- Never pour chemicals such as paints or paint thinners down a drain.
- Clean all sinks and plugs regularly.
- Pour boiling water through the drains at least once a week to melt the accumulated grease.
- Observe the water meter: this activity is quite important since you can check if your plumbing suffer any problems. If the counter wheel moves, this movement will mean that you have a problem in your installation. In case this does not happen, you can rest assured, your plumbing is in perfect condition.
- Identify soft or damp surfaces when walking, bulges, hot spots on the floor or wet walls, as they can be a sign that there is a leak in the plumbing.
If you verify the existence of a plumbing leak, you should call a specialist to solve the problem.
Furthermore, there are two basic types of leaks, visible and not visible leaks:
- Visible plumbing leaks sprout towards the surface of the ground or pavement, although its location may be a considerable distance from the point where it was discovered.
- Not visible plumbing leaks infiltrate the ground, they also may drain into the systems sewerage.
Location and repair of plumbing leaks
Water coming from a plumbing leak may cause different types of damage. Plumbing leaks may cause damages to the structure of the property. The areas more likely to be affected are walls, floorboards, and ceiling. The excess moisture coming from the leak accumulates on surfaces like wood walls, weakening and discoloring them. An unattended plumbing leak ma even weaken and crumble part of a concrete wall.
The damage occasioned by a plumbing leak is not limited to structural parts of the house. The belongings inside the house may also suffer the consequences of having a plumbing leak at home. Items that are commonly affected include clothing, electronics, furniture, rugs, and books.
Plumbing leaks could even increase your expenses by wasting water. The water company will charge for wasted water since there is no way for them to know whether you are really using their service or not. Ruined artifacts due to water will increase your monthly expenses as well.
In addition, a plumbing leak may also affect your health. A puddle of water, with no doubt, represents imminent danger for all family members, specially infants and elderlies. Even when not stepping on water, a leak could affect an electric device, not only risking the item itself but the life of those who come in contact with the item.
For these reasons, fixing a plumbing leak should not be delayed. When a plumbing leak is detected, it is imperative to take actions as soon as possible. Bear in mind that, in order to restore your house, an insurance service is needed.
Since claiming your insurance might be a challenging task, you might want to have a professional company by your side to successfully fulfil the claim and set a fair agreement between both parts. The professional who helps people to collect their insurance is called a public adjuster.
A public adjuster is a representative of the policyholder who advises, manages, and submits a claim to the policyholder’s insurance company.
Hiring an expert public adjuster from a third party will most likely help during the coverage claim and save the insured from reading those long and confusing policies. It is well known that insurance companies might try to pay less money than what is due to cut expenses. In order to get your home repaired in no time, you should hire MolinaRangel.
MolinaRangel will take any case involving plumbing leaks and other water damages and make sure the insured gets as most coverage as possible from their insurance company.
Hiring an expert of MolinaRangel to assess your case and prepare arguments to back you up will give you an advantage against insurance companies that try to con their clients. Trust in MolinaRangel experts to make your insurance carrier give the proper compensation for the coverage you are hiring.
Plumbing leaks may be located by sampling and prioritizing areas with the highest incidence of leaks. In the case of visible leaks, an on-road inspection program must be developed. If they are non-visible leaks, it is necessary to apply pressure and localization techniques with electroacoustic contact and indirect equipment.
Detection of plumbing leaks is essential, otherwise, moisture can spread through other areas and environments causing structural damage. It is necessary to detect plumbing leaks quickly because if they are joined in an electrical system it can turn into a very serious hazard.
You can count on MolinaRangel to:
MolinaRangel will prepare detailed scope and cost estimates using experts in the fields of remediation, toxicology, and construction engineers to prove your loss. MolinaRangel also provides insurance policy interpretation to determine covered and uncovered items and to negotiate with the insurance company.
Do not forget that an insurance is an agreement between two parties. You are doing your part by paying an agreed amount in monthly or yearly payments. Hire a MolinaRangel adjuster and enjoy the coverage of your insurance knowing that you are getting what you paid for. Feel safe again, call MolinaRangel today.
- Evaluate existing insurance policies to determine a coverage that may be applicable to your claim.
- Research, detail, and substantiate damage to buildings and contents and any additional expenses such as goods and belongings.
- Evaluate business interruption losses and extra expenses.
- Setting covering damage after determining values.
- Prepare any document required in order to successfully support your claim.
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company.
- Push as far as needed for the property owner to receive the maximum amount of indemnification for the claim.
- Re-open a claim and negotiate all over again for more money if a discrepancy is found after the claiming with the insurance company has been settled.