An insurance is a contract in which a person, known as the insured, pays a certain amount periodically to the insurance company, or insurer, in order to have a contingency to cover for the expenses of future accidents. In order to receive any amount from the company, the insured must present an insurance claim.
The insurance claim purpose is to indemnify a policyholder when a loss happens. This can be done by an individual or group that pays premiums because it is stated in the agreement of the insurance contract between both parties, called the insured party and the insurance carrier, to do so. The most common insurance claims tend to involve costs for medical services and goods, physical damage and liabilities caused by vehicular incidents, property damage, and the loss of life.
American Family Insurance is an insurance company focused on property, casualty and vehicular insurances, which can be hired individually or in a bundle. Other services offered by them are commercial insurances, life, health and homeowner coverage and retirement plans. Their prices, in comparison, are lower than some of the major brands. Nevertheless, some customers state that their prices are too high for the limited coverage they offer. In addition, their services suffer from several complaints every year.
With 92 years of experience one would expect a quality service, nonetheless, most of the time, this is not the case. Normally, only the insured, the person listed on the policy, is allowed to make claims for payments, however, in case the process presents difficulties, a third party can help file claims on behalf of the insured.
American Family Insurance is constantly dealing with property and casualty claims. When it comes to claims, every valid report is usually routed to a representative of the insurer. An adjuster, depending on the type of claim, inspects and evaluates the damage done to the property, and estimates the payment that must be done to the insured. Upon verification of the damage, the adjuster initiates the process of compensating or reimbursing the insured.
Depending on the scale of the damage suffered the insured, American Family Insurance might have to take some extra measures. Most of the time, this extra measure consists on making necessary provisional repairs. The insured must take the necessary precautions to protect any property from further damage. Remember to keep the receipts of the expenses incurred and deliver them to the insurance company when asking for a refund. Bear in mind that the expenses incurred during temporary repairs are part of the total agreement to reimburse the insured. Paying a contractor large sums of money for making a temporary repair, may end up exhausting the available funds that might be need during the final repair process.
When in need for provisional repairs, follow these tips:
- If moving out of home while it is being repaired cannot be avoided, keep receipts of the expenses incurred. Homeowners insurance policies provide coverage for additional living expenses or maintenance incurred due the loss of use of the home of the insured, as long as the damage was caused by an accident that falls under the coverage of the policy acquired.
- Have everything ready for the visit of the adjuster from the insurer. The insurer may send a form known as “proof of loss” that must be filled, otherwise, they will send an expert appraiser to visit the affected property, (not always impartial when dealing with American Family Insurance). This person is a trained professionally that will determine the damage incurred. In both cases, the more information at hand about the losses the faster the claim will be processed as well as the compensation.
In case of unexpected and undesired events covered by your insurance, you should waste no time and call MolinaRangel in order to:
- Notify the occurrence to the insurance company as soon as possible. It is recommended to keep the contact number of your insurer in your cellphone to quickly contact them when the emergency happens.
- Sign and fill the necessary documents given by the insurer. Depending on the nature of your claim, other documents might be needed, like police and medical reports or an inventory of the lost goods. Most times, the documents needed will be mentioned in the policy or the website of the insurance carrier.
- Review, along an authorized agent from the company, the documents delivered in the previous step. Errors tend to happen in these documents and the company must return them until every one is filled with correct information. Properly describing and explaining what happened is necessary to receive the benefits payed.
- An adjuster will evaluate de damages suffered, and corroborate the information given when the claim was filed. Keep your eyes opened for this step. Let MolinaRangel handle it for you.
- Finally, with MolinaRangel by your side, a payment will be received according to the policy and the extension of your insurance.
People who tried to communicate to file a claim without MolinaRangel guidance describe how the adjusters do not answer phone calls or messages, or give misleading information while attending the insured. They show poor communication, an essential factor for an insurance company, probably with the intention of causing the client to frustrate, and not filing the claim. In these cases, the intervention of a third party becomes necessary. As a third party, MolinaRangel stands up by your side and makes your claim reach the company agents, even if they are trying to hide.
A common complaint against American Family Insurance states that their adjustors calculate the cost of the damages for a lower value than standards. They could even go as far as denying the damage to your property. American Family Insurance will attempt every strategy they possess in order to not pay the insured and increase their profits. If you feel the damage suffered by your property is higher than what the company is reporting, you can count on MolinaRangel adjusters to make a re-inspection, calculate the real cost of the damage and execute your claim to get full compensation for the damage suffered.
When dealing with a car accident, American Family insurance is also accused of suing second hand or junk parts for repairments. Some customers even confirm that the adjustors go to body shops to convince them to use second hand parts to make the repair as cheap as possible or force you to take your car to their contracted body shops, a move definitely not expected from the 10th largest auto insurance seller of USA. To ensure quality work on your vehicle contact MolinaRangel adjusters to take care of your claim and receive the best treatment and parts for your vehicle.
To be calm at a psychological and economic level, insurance has become very useful services today, yet, an insurance makes no sense if you are not able to claim it. To prevent yourself from being exposed to constant danger with no guarantee of a reliable insurance covering your back, contact MolinaRangel today. MolinaRangel will claim your insurance and will make sure that your health, goods and properties are not just safety reported but covered. Feel secure under any circumstance. Call MolinaRangel today.